This is the first award I’ve been nominated for since I created acid brights back in April 2012, so I’m very grateful to the lovely Sara from Sara says for nominating me.
Liebster means ‘loved one’ or ‘beloved’ in German and is awarded to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Let’s stand up for the little guys!
1. Each person tagged must write 11 things about themselves
2. Answer all 11 questions that the blogger that has nominated you has set before creating 11 more questions for the people that you intend to tag for this award
3. Choose 11 people to tag and name them on a post about the Liebster award
4. Go to their pages and tell the bloggers you have tagged you’ve nominated them
5. No tag backs allowed
11 things about me
1. Most of the photos on my blog so far have been taken on my iPhone. Not even an iPhone 4 – the old school 3GS. I have a lot to thank Instagram for
2. I’m a massive closet geek
3. My favourite books are Pride & Prejudice, Bel Ami, Great Expectations, The Bell Jar, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
4. My sister and I often get mistaken for twins – we once played up to this fact heavily on a holiday to Ibiza…
5. I’m allergic to cats and most dogs. You’d think swollen eyes and sneezing would keep me away, but no
6. My boyfriend Jack organises and runs a brilliant festival called Chazzstock in honour of his best friend who passed away in 2010. It’s one of the things I’m most proud of him for
7. I’m atrocious with money
8. I went to a language college and took my History GCSE in French
9. I don’t have an off button when it comes to food – I’m eternally greedy
10. I went to the same school as Russell Brand (this was infinitely more exciting when I found him attractive)
11. My main ambition in life is to write for a living
1. Where would you like to live if you could choose anywhere?
Without a doubt I’d hot foot it to New York. I love everything about the city – the clothes, the atmosphere, the shopping, the FOOD!! And the fact that they have proper seasons, from boiling hot summers to snowy winters.
2. What’s your favourite food?
If you follow my twitter account you’ll know that I talk about food – a lot. I love most Thai foods, mash potato, tortellini covered in unhealthy amounts of cheese, and copious amounts of chocolate. In fact I’m eating a Twirl whilst writing this.
3. What’s your favourite fashion magazine?
Elle. In my opinion it beats Vogue, Tatler & Harpers Bazaar hands down. I take a lot of inspiration from their articles.
4. Why did you start blogging?
As someone who loves to write, I see it as a way to practise and find a voice. It’s also a great way to get your writing in front of an audience. I’m by no means a photographer (hence the iPhone situation) so for me it’s all about the writing.
5. What cameras do you use for your blog?
I’ve already covered this one, but I do see the importance of using quality photographs to illustrate posts so I’m currently considering whether to invest in a DSLR. My dad is a photographer so I’m sure I could pick up a few things!
6. iPhone or Blackberry?
iPhone every time.
7. Do you like heelless heels, and why?
I have absolutely no idea what heelless heels are? As much as I love them, I can’t walk in heels, so heelless ones would probably work well for me. Need to investigate this one…
8. What would your ideal date be?
Jack and I meeting after work for a few cocktails and then heading to an amazing steak place, followed by drinks on our patio.
9. What is your favourite book?
I’m going to cheat and choose 2. The first would be Pride and Prejudice – I read it one summer when I was a teenager and fell in love with Jane Austen. The 2nd would have to be The Bell Jar – it left a lasting impression on me.
10. What’s your favourite season and why?
I’ve always said summer, my birthday is in June and I love long, lazy days spent in the sun. Recently though I’ve realised I love spring and autumn, it’s the build up to Summer and Winter that I love the most. If I’m being honest I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I begin to build my wardrobe in those months…
11. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I’d probably be my dog, she’s got it good.
Blogs I’ve nominated
1. twenty one
4. wild curves
11. Behind The Shoes
1. What motivates you?
2. Who is your favourite designer?
3. How would you describe your taste in music?
4. What is your dream job?
5. Which blog post are you most proud of?
6. Do you prefer sweet or savoury popcorn?
7. Kindle or traditional books?
8. Where would you go on holiday if money wasn’t an issue?
9. Who is the most inspiring person you’ve ever met?
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
11. What item of clothing could you not live without?
Good luck to everyone who’s been nominated!